[Mediawiki-l] Password authentication

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Sun Sep 16 21:45:18 UTC 2007

Matt Weaver a écrit :
> Hi, I just installed MediaWiki 1.9, but it will not allow me to log in using the info I gave when I set it up. It rejects my password. In my "localsettings.php" file, it gives the proper password: just to be sure, I even copied the password from localsettings.php and pasted it into the login window.
> Any would be appreciated.

The password (I guess you're talking about $wgDBpassword ?) in LocalSettings.php is the password to access your MySQL database. It's not the password to log into mediawiki

During install you have been asked to create to things :

* one database user (default is wikiuser)
* one mediawiki user (default is WikiSysop)

You must use the second one (and its password) to log into mediawiki