[Mediawiki-l] Equivalent of Rubygems

Harshal Ganpatrao Hayatnagarkar iamharshal at rediffmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:31:54 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am a user of mediawiki, having my personal content management site running on Mediawiki since last two and half years.
I have several extensions installed (typically 30+) that I am finding difficult to keep track of their updated versions, dependencies and so on.

Since I am familiar with Rubygems concept, I am curious if we can have similar mechanism for Mediawiki and if possible for PHP in general.
This would definitely help everyone.

Despite I am not familiar with PHP, I would like to make myself available for any other kind of contributions.

Thanks.
With regards,
Harshal