[Mediawiki-l] Easy Category Selection

Christopher.Reigrut at Key.com Christopher.Reigrut at Key.com
Thu Sep 13 17:11:13 UTC 2007

We've been looking at being able to do much the same thing:  simple
categorization, preferably from a listbox/drop-down.  Right now I'm leaning
towards the SimpleForms categorization method
(http://www.organicdesign.co.nz/SimpleForms_categorisation_example), though
as Jim points out it might get a little ugly if there are a LOT of
categories.  We might actually use a category to categorize the categories
(yes, that's what I said)...in other words, create
Category:CategoriesToShowUpInTheListbox and then apply that to the
categories that we want to appear (and therefore minimize the list).
Christopher M. Reigrut
Applications Systems Architect
Key Technology Services / KeyBank
1000 South McCaslin Boulevard
Superior, Colorado 80027
720-304-1049

> Jim,
>
> Add Article to Category; you are right here.  This is an edit line that
> gets put on category pages.  Then the user navigates to the category
> they are working in and enters the name of the category they want the
> page to be assigned to.
>
> CategoryTree; we use this for the user to navigate to the category they
> are working in.  Then use 'Add Article .. '.  This works really nice as
> it can be as expanded as you want.  1 level or 10 levels
>
> SelectCAtegory; we also use this as sometimes creating a page on the
> fly.  Or adding a category to multiple categories.
>
> Since we use BoilerplateSelection our new articles are also assigned
> automatically depending on the 'boilerplage' being used.
>
> It would be interesting to have something like SelectCategory available
> as a button to *all* pages.  Hmmmm <G>
>
> DSig
> David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
> PICK Guy
> 206-770-5585
> davesigafoos at sanmar.com

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal
information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114