[Mediawiki-l] Group based restrictions for AD with multiple groups as members

zham rock zhamrock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 04:06:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

Do you know whether nested group is supported on the latest version of Ldap
Extension(1.1f or g)? I find that it only authenticates user members of the
group but not the users under membergroups. I'm also getting errors on page
after the successful logon.

Here is the Debug logs:

Entering authenticate
Entering Connect
Using TLS or not using encryption.
Using servers: ldap://intranet.mydomain.com
Connected successfully
Entering getSearchString
Doing a straight bind
userdn is: intranet\zham
Binding as the user
Bound successfully
Entering getUserDN
Created a regular filter: (sAMAccountName=zham)
Entering getBaseDN
basedn is not set for this type of entry, trying to get the default basedn.
Entering getBaseDN
basedn is ou=users,ou=sgp,ou=apac,dc=intranet,dc=mydomain,dc=com
Using base: ou=users,ou=sgp,ou=apac,dc=intranet,dc=mydomain,dc=com
Fetched username is not a string (check your hook code...). This message can
be safely ignored if you do not have the SetUsernameAttributeFromLDAP hook
defined.
Pulled the user's DN: CN=Rock\, Zham
(SGP),OU=Users,OU=SGP,OU=APAC,DC=INTRANET,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=com
Authentication passed
Entering updateUser

Errors on the page after successful logon:

: 1 threads didn't exit PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in
D:\wiki\extensions\LdapAuthentication.php on line 1121

): 1 threads didn't exit

All help is much appreciated.

-zham