[Mediawiki-l] Documentation - posting to Mediawiki.org

Mike Lane mikelane5 at msn.com
Tue Sep 11 14:37:01 UTC 2007

I am currently working on installing mediawiki on ubuntu server and am documenting the process from start to finish.

There are some key areas that I will need to troubleshoot to complete this wiki / guide and my question is when i am done should i make a new post on mediwiki.org or try to edit the existing guide?

My guide will be specifically for ubuntu server 6.06 (LAMP).

Currently I have a working wiki installed the areas that are incomplete or not quite working as they should be are:

APC - mediawiki does not see it as installed
Image upload - /var/www/wiki/images cannot be written to
Postfix - not yet installed / tested

Comments welcome - If anyone is intersted in the current state of my documentation so far I can post it for review.