[Mediawiki-l] Authenticating users by NT login?

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Mon Sep 10 13:49:26 UTC 2007

> It seems to say "NTLM coming soon". Maybe I didn't read it closely
> enough. I'll hold off on documenting anything I haven't tested myself.

Yeah, NTLM isn't supported yet. Someone provided a patch for it, but it
essentially just uses HTTP auth and mod-ntlm or mod-krb5.

I'm hoping to write generic support for auto-authentication that allows
auto-authentication plugins to just write hooks for the non-generic
parts, which in reality isn't very much; a lot of code duplication
exists in pretty much every auto-auth plugin. This will allow SSL/CAC,
NTLM, Kerberos, and any other type of HTTP authentication with added
LDAP authentication and authorization.

If I'm not feeling lazy I'll probably have this done in a few weeks.

V/r,

Ryan Lane