[Mediawiki-l] Protected pages - privileged editors

Bill Taylor jazz at qnet.com
Mon Sep 10 05:36:02 UTC 2007

Is there a way to create a class of users or class of pages that can
only be edited by a few people?

I want to insert a set of documents into my wiki that really needs to
be static, except for minor changes from time to time.  The people
that will do this work will need access to the wiki as a whole.  But
most wiki users should see these documents as protected.  The people
editing the protected documents do not need to be general site admins.

How can I set this up?

thanks

Bill