[Mediawiki-l] "Unreal:" takes me to third-party site

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:53:06 UTC 2007

On 07/09/2007, KAndreou at rccl.com <KAndreou at rccl.com> wrote:
> Am I correct to assume that it is then a just another page? If so, the
> interwiki takes precedence over a local page.
> Perhaps we can make the : character an invalid character for page titles.

That's correct, and no, we shouldn't.

The correct thing for the OP to do is to follow the instructions at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Using_custom_namespaces, and
ensure MediaWiki is aware of his intention to use "Unreal" as a
namespace.

(The other suggestion, that is, to remove the interwiki association,
is probably also a good idea, and would work in this case, although it
doesn't fix the "not a recognised namespace problem", and
consequently, chances are something'd be back to bite you later on...)

Rob Church