[Mediawiki-l] Suggestion: Edit option for "in other languages" box

Wiki lapsap7+mwiki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:37:02 UTC 2007

On 05/09/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com > wrote:

> If the links are scattered throughout the page, then saving the
> information back into the page text could be a little tricky. Removing
> links is easy enough, and new ones can just go to the bottom, but what
> about changing existing ones? Should they get moved to the bottom or
> changed where they are? If people are putting them in strange places,
> they're probably doing so for a reason, so the latter would be better,
> but then you have to decide what counts as a change and what counts as
> removing a link and adding a new one.

     I've seen links at the beginning of pages, probably because the one who
put it found it easier to look for them (instead of going a long way down
the page).  But if they're in "strange places", I'm not sure if their reason
is valid because what it counts is the rendered HTML page.  Wherever they're
put, they're always grouped inside the "in other languages" box.  So, I
don't think you have to care about keeping them in their original location
in the text.