[Mediawiki-l] Suggestion: Edit option for "in other languages" box

Michael Daly michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org
Tue Sep 4 22:02:49 UTC 2007

Casey Brown wrote:
> Huh?  The "in other languages" links are normally posted at the bottom of
> the page, so you can just click on the last section, can't you?

Normally, but only by convention.  I wonder if the parser could sort the
input in such a way that these links always go to the bottom? Another
"invisible" section, sort of like the desire recently expressed for an
"invisible" section at the top for everything before the first explicit
section (making it editable separate from the full page).

Well, it obviously could, but should it?  I guess (thinking further...),
in a way there are bits of a page that can be seen as being useful if
normalized and perhaps have a separate DB table entry.  This could give
a quick answer to "which pages in this category have an equivalent page
in languageX?" or "show all pages that don't have a languageX version."

Daydreaming, obviously...

Mike