[Mediawiki-l] Short URLs with PHP as CGI, CSS mangled

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Mon Sep 3 23:08:56 UTC 2007

Azurite wrote:
> I posted my solution from here on the Manual: Short URL talk page
> already, but I'll be glad to add/move it to the overview/overview
> talk page if that's a better place for it.
> But I've just been told that the solution is not 100% complete:
>
> On one of my Wiki pages
> (http://www.seventh-star.net/wikific/Shizuka_Kawai), the links out
> (to other pages in the Wiki) are for some reason looking for
> http://seventh-star.net/wiki/ArticleName, which is not my directory
> (wiki is not; wikific is). I don't know why it's looking for this.
> Oddly enough, when I go to edit the page, in the preview that shows
> above the edit box, the links are correct when I hover over them AND
> when I click on them!

Probably just a cache issue. The links on
http://www.seventh-star.net/wikific/Shizuka_Kawai
look fine to me and work fine for me.

If you still have trouble with that, you could go to the problem page,
click its history tab, change "action=history" on the end of the URL
to "action=purge" and hit Enter. That helps clear some stuff up
sometimes. No sure what technically happens, but it refreshes cached
stuff for the page.

Roger