[Mediawiki-l] Short URLs with PHP as CGI, CSS mangled

Azurite azurite at seventh-star.net
Sun Sep 2 18:29:25 UTC 2007

ETA: Now it's trying to find
http://www.seventh-star.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, and I don't know
why. There's nothing in either the .htaccess or the LocalSettings.php
that says just "wiki" when it comes to defining a path or URL.
I am curious though, what is the purpose of the curly brackets in the
values for some of these settings? The Manual seems to make it seem like
they're necessary, but I'm not sure.

Here's my updated LocalSettings.php and .htaccess snippets:

$wgSitename         = "WikiFic";

$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
$wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";

## If using PHP as a CGI module, use the ugly URLs
$wgScriptPath        = "/wikific";
$wgArticlePath = "{$wgScript}/$1";

$wgStylePath        = "{$wgScriptPath}/skins";
$wgStyleDirectory   = "$IP/skins";
$wgLogo             = "$wgStylePath/common/images/wikific_logo.png";

$wgUploadPath       = "$wgScriptPath/images";
$wgUploadDirectory  = "$IP/images";

.htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^wikific/(.+)$ /wikific/index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]
-Azurite