[Mediawiki-l] migrating a MediaWiki installation

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Oct 31 19:48:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:22:39 -0400
"Boris Epstein" <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Raquel!
>
> I'll try that.
>
> What if the versions of MediaWiki are different?

I upgraded MediaWiki AFTER the move.  I think that if the versions
are different, then move the files/database, do the upgrade and then
start it up.  Be sure to save your old uploaded files and
LocalSettings.php as per the upgrade instructions.

--
Raquel
No loss of flood and lightning, no destruction of cities and temples