[Mediawiki-l] Migration from Windows to Linux

John W. Foster johnwfoster at verizon.net
Wed Oct 31 19:04:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 12:35, Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
> Further on my previous email on this subject:
>
> through Special:Export I have verified that the content
> of the Windows and Linux installation is, as far as I can
> see, identical for pages that fail on Linux. I can't even
> begin to fathom where the problem might be.
>
> Each individual element contributing to any given
> non-working page seems to work fine in other pages.
> I.e., subpages work, templates work, parser functions
> work, string functions work.
>
> Invisible characters pages? Might be, as stated here:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki#Character_set
>
> I asked the SysAdmin to verify if this problem applies, but
> if it doesn't I'm running out of ammo.
>
> Also is this the right syntax to enable logging?
> $wgDebugLogFile = "{$IP}/debugLogFile.txt";
just a guess but you may need to check the $IP declaration in
LocalSettings.php if you simply dumped the wikidb from windows to linux. The
actual directory strings will be different. I noticed this on some extensions
that I wanted to use that were actually developed on a windows machine. You
may have directory trouble on the pages themselves as well.

> Somehow it worked on Windows but not on Linux.
>
> Manu

John W. Foster