[Mediawiki-l] Tagging sections with keywords and retrieve them

Steve Sanbeg ssanbeg at ask.com
Wed Oct 31 15:30:52 UTC 2007

LST is the way to annotate the sections; but it doesn't track which
articles have which section.  So it's a matter of how you call the #lst
function to do the transclusion.

i.e. if you have a short list, you can translude them from a template,
just make a template that transcludes all the articles you want, i.e.

  {{#lst:some article|{{{1}}}}}

Then you just need to pass the section name to the template.

It looks like SMW allows you to use a template to format the display, but
doesn't have a way to pass arguments to the template, so you could create
a template for each section, or convince someone to fix that. i.e.
  {{#lst:{{{1}}}|linux}}

DPL2 also has a copy of LST, so it could generate a list and transclude
sections.

Since there's currently no way to see what pages have a particular
section, you'd need to use categories for that.