[Mediawiki-l] Links to files

Charlie Markwick charlie-markwick at southcot.com
Wed Oct 31 14:46:02 UTC 2007

I've installed the extension. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.8 so I took the
precaution of installing the locallinks add on too. The
<file>//FileStore/documents</file> syntax renders the link correctly. It
is green and if you right click and copy link and paste it to chrome,
Firefox opens file://///FileStore/documents. If I copy and paste this
part of the source into a test HTM page:-

<ul><li> To Add domains:-
<ul><li> See the public policy statement to send to end users at <a
style="color: green;"
href="file://///FileStore/documents">\\FileStore\documents</a>

Firefox opens the link fine. However on the Wiki page itself, nothing
happens, the cursor changes but clicking produces no result at all.
Anyone any ideas?

Charlie

On Behalf Of Gary Kirk