[Mediawiki-l] Links to files

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Wed Oct 31 12:15:22 UTC 2007

> Earlier: "... We are using a wiki for internal
> policies and procedures and want to create
> links to files.  I had assumed that using:-
[file://///FileStore/documents/AddingDomains.pdf Adding Domains]
> would give me a clickable link but it doesn't.
> Is there a way of getting this to work?

Peter Blaise responds: Our problem was that not everyone's boot script
gave them access to the same share drives, so we put the files under a
web-served directory (or expand the web server configuration to include
the desired existing directories).  Then regular external HTML links
work fine.