[Mediawiki-l] Tagging sections with keywords and retrieve them

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Wed Oct 31 06:57:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

My articles are something like long FAQs. These questions are based on
different topics. So I want to add keywords (tag/annotate) to each
question and retrieve those questions on another page which have a
common keyword.

I think I can use Semantic Mediawiki also to annotate the content; but
the problem I think is that while doing a semantic search, the result
would be an article. I need only a particular section of the article as
result.

Iwhat about the extension LST (labelled section transclusion)? suppose i
have many articles in which i annotated sections with the keyword
"linux". in another page i want to display all the sections with "linux"
as keyword; or a link to those sections. i think, as per the current
functionality, we need to use the article name as a parameter, like
{{#lst:article|chapter1}}. but in my case, i have many articles, and i
don't know their names. my requirement is to find where all i have
relevent information on "linux".

can it be achieved?

Regards,

Jack Eapen C
SunTec Knowledge Centre

This electronic mail (including any attachment thereto) may be confidential and privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any unauthorized use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email immediately and delete this email (and any attachment thereto) from your computer system...Thank You