[Mediawiki-l] Giberish - by bots?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Mon Oct 29 02:06:54 UTC 2007

Having trouble with bots placing gibberish on our site. I first want to understand the why?

It could be :

  * They testing or trying to get setup to spam search engine indexes?
  * They are measuring the time to rollback?
  * Spy code words - pass information anonymously without traceability?
  * Want to destroy search engine ranking?
  * ??

Anyone have a clear understanding of this?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.