[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki & Sharepoint?

Joshua Yeidel yeidel at wsu.edu
Fri Oct 26 22:01:07 UTC 2007

SharePoint 2007 differs from SharePoint 2003 in many ways. One important one
is that SharePoint now includes content management features (subsuming the
old Microsoft CMS).  In organizations adopting SharePoint as a Content
Management System (whether for good or ill), it may be that SharePoint
integration will become a survival issue for wikis.

I found the description of Confluence/SharePoint integration at the URL
provided by DanB quite compelling.  It sounds like you could build
SharePoint sites in such a way that Confluence could not be abandoned until
SharePoint was.

-- Joshua

P.S.  The SharePoint 2007 "wiki" feature is extremely feature-poor.  It has
page versioning, internal bracket-links, and a WYSIWIG editor, and that's
about it.  Of course, that could change with Service Pack 1...

-- Joshua