[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki & Sharepoint?

paul youlten paul.youlten at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:50:10 UTC 2007

I think that an extension that allowed documents stored in a
SharePoint directory to be linked to from MediaWiki is a perfectly
valid and useful thing to do... even better would be an extension that
allowed users to use SharePoint as a repository for document up-loads
to MediaWiki.

Remember that while MediaWiki isn't designed to be used as an
"enterprise wiki" it is widely used by companies ranging from very
large corporations to small businesses - Some of the higher profile
users of MediaWiki are Pfizer, Nokia and Razor Fish - It seems to me
that there is a clear advantage to the MediaWiki community and the
not-for-profit projects that it powers if there are opportunities for
devs to get day jobs/make money from consulting on MediaWiki
integrations.

let me know if I can do anything to help move this idea forward.

Paul Y

On 10/26/07, Daniel Barrett <danb at vistaprint.com> wrote:
> All that being said, the list of features at
> http://www.atlassian.com/sharepoint/features.jsp would be interesting
> for any company that has both a wiki and SharePoint.
>
> (Also I've heard that SharePoint 2007 is way better than previous
> editions. YMMV.)
>
> DanB

Tel: +44(0) 7814 517 807