[Mediawiki-l] database.php use code review?

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Wed Oct 24 16:04:24 UTC 2007

I'm dynamically creating a table with links to other wiki pages using an
extension.  It would be useful for the links to be kept in pagelinks.
So I'm trying to write an extension that adds the dynamic links to the
pagelinks table.  I have a pretty hard time following how I'm supposed
to use database.php so I think I probably screwed it up again.

Does this code look like it should work?  Or is there a better way to
add extension created links to the pagelinks table?

function newLinks($list1, $list2) {
	global $wgTitle;
	$key = $wgTitle->getDBkey();
	$allNewLinks = array_merge($list1, $list2);
	$db=&wfGetDB( DB_MASTER );
	foreach ( $allNewLinks as $newLink ) {
		$db->insert( "pagelinks",
					array('pl_from'=>'$key',