[Mediawiki-l] Opening wiki-link in new window/new tab

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Fri Oct 19 14:09:51 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've got a problem with my wikis "editing help"-page, that can be called from
the edit window.

It says "(wird in einem neuen Fenster geöffnet)" --> opens in a new window next
to the link, but somehow I managed to "kill" that feature. :-(

I moved the page to a new name and then reversed the move via the
log-functionality. And I added some text to the page. Now it'll open in the same
window / the same tab as the edit window, overwriting the edit window and at the
same time loosing all unsaved changes... :-(

It still works as it's supposed to in my test-wiki, and I cannot find out what
the difference of the two is. The link looks the same in the browsers-address-field.

Can somebody help me restore the "opening in new window"-feature?

Greetings
Kate