[Mediawiki-l] Making search "and" by default

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Wed Oct 17 16:36:15 UTC 2007

> Earlier: "...running
x\...\htdocs\Wiki\maintenance\rebuildtextindex.php
> ... I get: "DB connection error: Access
> denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using
> password: NO) (localhost)" Can you tell
> me, how I could include my password (I
> don't know it right now, I installed
> MediaWiki on top of XAMPP on Win XP
> for my LAN)..."

Peter Blaise responds:

Searching MediaWiki.org for "AdminSettings.php" I found:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Maintenance_scripts

Which states: "...From In order to run the maintenance scripts, you must
first rename the file AdminSettings.sample located in the root directory
of your wiki to AdminSettings.php and fill in the required connection
instructions..."

So, try adding to or building your own
x:\...\htdocs\Wiki\mediawiki\AdminSettings.php into something that looks
like this by filling your own

$wgDBadminuser      = 'root-or-creator-at-setup';
$wgDBadminpassword  = 'password-created-at-setup';

... like this:

===== start AdminSettings.php ===

<?php
/**
 * This file should be copied to AdminSettings.php, and modified
 * to reflect local settings. It is required for the maintenance
 * scripts which run on the command line, as an extra security
 * measure to allow using a separate user account with higher
 * privileges to do maintenance work.
 *
 * Developers: Do not check AdminSettings.php into Subversion
 *
 * @package MediaWiki
 */

/*
 * This data is used by all database maintenance scripts
 * (see directory maintenance/). The SQL user MUST BE
 * MANUALLY CREATED or set to an existing user with
 * necessary permissions.
 *
 * This is not to be confused with sysop accounts for the
 * wiki.
 */
$wgDBadminuser      = 'root-or-creator-at-setup';
$wgDBadminpassword  = 'password-created-at-setup';

/*
 * Whether to enable the profileinfo.php script.
 */
$wgEnableProfileInfo = true;

?>

===== end AdminSettings.php ===