[Mediawiki-l] how to have diff show entire section, not just differences

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Fri Oct 12 14:53:02 UTC 2007

How can I set the default history diff to show the entire section being
edited left and right, not just the few lines surrounding displayed
differences?

In the history, the differences come up nice in yellow, green, and red,
and the same / same (no difference) comes up in gray.

I'd like to show the entire contents, left and right, even though it
might be all gray.

That way, readers can immediately make decisions based on what they are
seeing and reading, rather than try to mentally take note of the
differences (or not) out of total context, and then have to toggle back
and forth between the article (or the "current version" below).

==
Example:
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Help%3AEditing_pages&diff=120
468&oldid=86016
Note the terse report in the differences at the top versus the rather
large "current version" below.  I'd prefer to show the entire contents
left and right at the top, and cancel the "current version" below
altogether.
==

Any ideas?  Where in MediaWiki we can control the amount of info
included in a diff?

Thanks!