[Mediawiki-l] A couple of problems with 1.11

Javier Bezos jbezos at fundeu.es
Thu Oct 11 13:02:26 UTC 2007

>> For anonymous users, it's certainly useless, and for
>> most of registered users it's too, as they very likely
>> don't know they belong to the emailconfirmed group -
>> it's cryptic. I had a look at EditPage.php and the
>> part showing the more useful «You have to login to
>> edit» (with a link to the login page) has been
>> apparently removed (if I've understood it correctly).

> So you want to translate emailconfirmed?

Nope. I'd like to have the former behaviour. If you look
at EditPage -> edit in version 1.10, you'll see the
following piece of code:

if ( !$wgUser->isAllowed('edit') ) {
   if ( $wgUser->isAnon() ) {
       wfDebug( "$fname: user must log in\n" );
       $this->userNotLoggedInPage();
       wfProfileOut( $fname );
       return;
   } else {
       wfDebug( "$fname: read-only page\n" );
       $wgOut->readOnlyPage( $this->getContent(), true );
       wfProfileOut( $fname );
       return;
   }
}

userNotLoggedInPage shows the useful page "You must login
to edit pages". However, this part has disappeared in 1.11,
and in fact now I think it's a bug. I'm studying if it can
be restored somehow, but this part has been rewritten and
I'm not sure what to do. I'll report it.

Thank you
Javier