[Mediawiki-l] FW: Frustrated with email

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Thu Oct 11 09:00:54 UTC 2007

Someone, plz help me with this...

Regards,

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Jack Eapen
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:19 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Frustrated with email

I have configured our Exchange mail server as the smtp server on my
local Windows machine where I have XAMPP installed. I usually test MW on
this machine and the email features works fine. But the actual wiki site
runs on a linux server. There mail is not working. (but I have other
applications like Moodle on the same linux server which send out mails).

In my localsettings.php, I added

$wgSMTP = array(
 'host'     => "mail.suntecsbs.com",
 'IDHost'   => "suntecgroup.com", //I don't know wht to add here.....
 'port'     => 25,
 'auth'     => false,
 'username' => "jackec",
 'password' => "mypassword"
);

Regards,

Jack

"People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you
did it"