[Mediawiki-l] A couple of problems with 1.11

Javier Bezos jbezos at fundeu.es
Wed Oct 10 09:22:55 UTC 2007

We've recently upgraded to 1.11 and we have found a couple for problems:

- With 1.10, non registered users could open the edit page and then login
to edit (in our wiki only users in the emailconfirmed group can edit), but now
it shows a pretty useless message, so that logging in has to be a separate
step and, even worse, the page shows when returning is the cached one
(ie, view source).

- There is an error in the database when creating a redirect page:

http://www.wikilengua.org/index.php/Myanmar

(this page only has #redirect [[Birmania]]).

Sometimes the page can be created, but sometimes cannot - I'm unable
to say when it works and when it doesn't.

Thank you
Javier Bezos