[Mediawiki-l] Hacking dumpHTML to reference edit pages

Seth Brundle brundlefly76 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:46:54 UTC 2007

I am configuring a custom MediaWiki install for a large system which has a strict infrastructure of pushing HTML rather then serving PHP dynamically.

My approach is to serve pages which edit under the shortname /ew (Edit Wiki) when the pages are being edited, and under /w (Wiki)when the static pages are simply being read, and auto-pushing the HTML to /w after editing.

I have successfully used dumpHTML.php to export the static pages fine, but unfortunately dumpHTML.php seems to have no option for identifying edit links and sending them back to the source php location.

Similarly, there is seemingly no way to tell MediaWiki to redirect to the HTML after editing a page.

Before I go down a path of hacking the rendering engine and setting up URL rewrites to do what I want, I just wanted to put out a feeler for any other potential solutions that already exist, as my research hasn't been able to locate any.

Also, if anyone has any heads up as to what to look out for as I proceed, thats appreciated to.

Thanks
Seth