[Mediawiki-l] Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (Database.php line 797)

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue Oct 2 21:24:58 UTC 2007

I am seeing this PHP error in my Apache logs 10-15 times per day, out of
thousands of hits:

  Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
D:\mediawiki\w\includes\Database.php on line 797

which incidentally is the call to "mysql_query($sql, $this->mConn)" in
function doQuery().

The wiki pages in question are ordinary and shouldn't take 30 seconds to
render. The wiki server is pingable during these errors.  The MySQL logs
show no errors.  And almost all of the time, the wiki runs fine.

I'm sure there are a zillion possible causes.  Any tips for isolating
the root cause?  (This is on Windows 2003 Server.)

MediaWiki: 1.11.0
PHP: 5.2.2-dev (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.0.27-community-nt

DanB