[Mediawiki-l] dumpHTML.php and image paths?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue Oct 2 14:17:18 UTC 2007

When I use maintenance/dumpHTML.php to create a static copy of our wiki,
the static pages still point to the original "images" directory, using
paths like:

This works fine when the static copy is viewed via HTTP, but if there's
no webserver and you want to view the pages on disk, no images are found
because of the absolute "/w" paths.  I've tried using  the
--image-snapshot and --force-copy options without affecting this
behavior.

   $ php dumpHTML.php -d d:\mediawiki\static --image-snapshot
--force-copy

I don't completely understand the image-snapshot option - I thought it
would copy all images into the upload folder, but it copies only a few.

Is there some way to make dumpHTML produce a folder hierarchy that can
be viewed on disk, with images?  Or am I doing something wrong?

This is on Windows 2003 Server if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
DanB