[Mediawiki-l] Shared uploads

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:55:39 UTC 2007

I am trying to get shared uploads working. I want my Commons-equivalent to
be the Xinki Wiki at xinki.org.uk/wiki/ and (at first, for simplicity)
another wiki at garykirk.org.uk to be able to use those files. In
garykirk.org.uk (Wiki B)'s LocalSettings.php I have:

## interwiki
$wgUploadNavigationUrl = "http://www.xinki.org.uk/wiki/Special:Upload";

$wgUseSharedUploads = true;
$wgSharedUploadPath = 'http://www.xinki.org.uk/wiki/images';
$wgSharedUploadDirectory = '/home/gkirk/public_html/wiki/images/';  -- this
is what I get when there's an error ie call to an extension not installed; I
assume it is correct.
$wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory = true;
$wgFetchCommonsDescriptions = true;
$wgSharedUploadDBname = 'gkirk_xinkiwiki';  # xinki wiki
$wgSharedUploadDBprefix = 'mw'; # Table name prefix for media files wiki -
mw is the prefix the Xinki Wiki (Wiki A - Commons - uses)
$wgRepositoryBaseUrl = "http://www.xinki.org.uk/wiki/Image:";
Now when I try to add an image to a page, even an image which does not exist
- [[Image:Imadeupthisimagename.png|Made up]] - I get:
Database errorA database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate
a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "ForeignDBFile::loadFromDB". MySQL returned error "1054:
Unknown column 'img_sha1' in 'field list' (localhost)".

Wiki B is running MediaWiki 1.11.0; Wiki A is running 1.10.0.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Regars,

--
Gary Kirk