[Mediawiki-l] post install todo list

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:04:42 UTC 2007

I am working on a todo list / post install punch list for after getting
mediawiki up and running. I am wondering if there are other efforts akin
to this. Things such as:

Specific pages that need initial love on most installs mw:sidebar,
mw:monobook, mw:disclaimer, mw:about, help:editing, mw:privacy ... etc
As well as getting key templates installed for helping with editing
triage from the beginning like Template:Disambig, Template:Wikify,
Template:Delete, etc.

Obviously this differs from purpose to purpose and admin style to admin
style. But with a large install base and the amazing effort it takes to
get the ball rolling with formatting and then a big reformatting with
respect to templates and boilerplates it seems like such a such a
document would exist already. Especially with some templates and pages
being referred to in monobook but not existing after the initial install
push.

Something like this is my list:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Gmillerd obviously inspired from the
good people at the helm of wowwiki. It is also somewhat of a bookmark
for extensions that I look for.

And I cracking out some simple script in perl to make pages quick with
various [[Cateogory:Todo]] on a newly installed wiki.