[Mediawiki-l] How do I rename mysite.org/warcraftwiki to mysite.org/gameswiki?

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:51:28 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 7:11 PM, Thomas Anderson <andersonthomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a wiki and chose to name it "warcraftwiki". How do I rename it
> after the installation is already done? I don't mean just the url. I
> mean, how do I rename every place the name "warcraftwiki" occurs so it
> would say "gameswiki" instead?
>
> The reason I want to rename it is because the wiki was oriented towards
> Warcraft in the beginning but now is more a general games wiki, not just
> Warcraft. So its current name is inappropriate.

Change $wgSitename.  Also, if your meta namespace was warcraftwiki, then
you'll probably want to move all pages in the "Warcraftwiki:" namespace to
the "Gameswiki:" namespace, and presumably there will be other references
lying around in article texts that you'll want to change.  I don't know of
any magical way to do this effortlessly, although a bot or the
moveBatch.phpmaintenance script might be helpful if you've got a ton
of pages to move.

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com