[Mediawiki-l] Disable Rollback function

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:45:08 UTC 2007

On 26/11/2007, Reizer Gábor <reizer.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I don't think you can have a wiki and
> >really stop people being able to "revert" (which is what I think you
> >want to do?).
>
> Yes, I would like to stop people being able to "revert" changes.
> I would like to have Author and Editor groups:
> - Author can modify non locked pages + create new pages without viewing old
> revisions
> - Editor have Author rights + can modify locked pages + viewing old
> revisions and then
> saving the page
>
> Can I do that?

At best, you can make it difficult for Authors to revert (and I don't
think there's any built-in way to do that), but you can never stop
them completely, since they can always undo the changes manually as a
normal edit. It's probably possible to write an extension that hides
old revisions, but it would make life very difficult for Authors,
since they won't be able to find out what has changed on a page, so
won't be able to help maintain them.