[Mediawiki-l] Disable Rollback function

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:20:52 UTC 2007

On 23/11/2007, Reizer Gábor <reizer.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have different groups in my wiki.
> Rollback permission allows one-click reversion of edits. What is this about?
> What is the usage of this? How can I use this function? I tried to
> enable/disable this function, but I could not see any changes!
>
> I think if I change rollback permission to false
> -$wgGroupPermissions['Author']['rollback']        = false -
> , Authors can not view history. Because of this Authors can not undo changes
> - can not view related changes and after that can not edit and save an older
> version of the page. (Is it right?) But it is not work in my wiki.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rollback.PNG

People who have Rollback permission will see a Rollback link on Recent
changes or any page's history tab.

Rollback is only a short-cut for viewing an old revision and then
saving the page as that old revision. Actually since "Undo"
functionality was introduced it is more or less redundant. (Rollback
is 1 click, Undo is 2 clicks. Also, Undo is only on page history.)

If people can view old revisions, they will be able to save them, even
if they just cut and paste. I don't think you can have a wiki and
really stop people being able to "revert" (which is what I think you
want to do?).

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/