[Mediawiki-l] Disable Rollback function

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:33:19 UTC 2007

> I have different groups in my wiki.
> Rollback permission allows one-click reversion of edits. What is this about?
> What is the usage of this? How can I use this function? I tried to
> enable/disable this function, but I could not see any changes!

Rollback provides a link on history pages, contribution pages and
diffs to undo an edit with just one click.

> I think if I change rollback permission to false
> -$wgGroupPermissions['Author']['rollback']        = false -
> , Authors can not view history. Because of this Authors can not undo changes
> - can not view related changes and after that can not edit and save an older
> version of the page. (Is it right?) But it is not work in my wiki.

I'm not aware of a way to prevent a group from viewing the history of
a page, other than preventing them from reading the page altogether.
What do you mean?

> How can I disable rollback function?

Set $wgGroupPermissions['whatever']['rollback'] = false for each
usergroup. (It's false by default for all except sysop, I think -
check DefaultChanges.php to be sure.)

> How can I disable rollback tab AND/OR related changes on Authors's pages?

I don't understand the question. What is a "related change"?