[Mediawiki-l] Installation error with 1.11.0

Simon Renshaw snakybastard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:50:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed a new 1.11.0 wiki and I see the following error after
installation: PHP Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by
reference in C:\Inetpub\testwiki\includes\LinkBatch.php on line 163

First time I see that and my 1.10.X wikis are working fine.

I got this before installing:

* PHP 5.0.5 installed
* Found database drivers for: MySQL
* PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* Warning: A value for session.save_path has not been set in PHP.ini.
If the default value causes problems with saving session data, set it
to a valid path which is read/write/execute for the user your web
server is running under.
* PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
* Couldn't find Turck MMCache, eAccelerator, APC or XCache; cannot use
these for object caching.
* GNU diff3 not found.
* Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
* Installation directory: C:\Inetpub\testwiki
* Script URI path: /testwiki
* Installing MediaWiki with php file extensions
* Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.

Any idea?

Thanks!
Simon