[Mediawiki-l] confirmation email from=<apache at server.localdomain> - where to change it?

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Tue Nov 20 22:32:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 22:48 +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> > Dave Sigafoos schrieb:
> >> If you are changing your apache settings you are restarting your server
> >> .. yes?
> >
> > Should it matter? It's not a apache setting, and email is generated by
> > MediaWiki's php. So restarting should not be necessary.
> >
> > However, I can't tell if it makes a difference, since I upgraded from
> > 1.10.1 to 1.11.0, and my wiki seems broken (see my next thread) :(
>
> So, I'm running now the latest and greatest 1.11.0, and it still sends
> mails as apache at server.localdomain, despite these settings:
>

> $wgPasswordSender = "Mail <my at real.address>";
> $wgEmergencyContact = "Mail <my at real.address>";
>

> Anyone with bright ideas? ;)

Sorry, I don't have any bright ideas. Searching through the code, I
found this:

	function sendMail( $subject, $body, $from = null ) {
		if( is_null( $from ) ) {
			global $wgPasswordSender;
			$from = $wgPasswordSender;
		}

It uses $wgPasswordSender if $from is null. I don't see sendMail getting
called with a 'from' address. Maybe I missed it somewhere. I also found

$wgPasswordSender     = 'MediaWiki Mail <apache@' . $wgServerName . '>';

in includes/DefaultSettings.php.

Do you set $wgPasswordSender after you include DefaultSettings.php in
LocalSettings.php?

Thanks,
Tom