[Mediawiki-l] Email authenication

Ralph Hulslander rph at rovenet.com
Tue Nov 20 16:08:52 UTC 2007

Hi Jim, I am also new to mediawiki.

I just got the email confirmation working.

I had set the SMPT permissions and SMTP server in all of the logical places
in the mediawiki folder:
Localsettings.php
php.ini

But it didn't work.
I had to set them in php.ini in my Apache folder (also?).

I am using a remote SMTP server I do not know specifically about gmail.

The email confirmation is rather lame (but works great)as all it does once
the email address is confirmed is allow a user to use the email functions in
mediawiki.

I was hoping it would have confirmed an actual person to do edits to the
pages. I am still looking for that.

Ralph