[Mediawiki-l] how to create customised edit toolbar buttons?

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Nov 15 19:49:12 UTC 2007

You might also consider making the boilerplate a Template page
instead of hardcoding it into the js.  That way you can edit it in
the wiki.

    mwCustomEditButtons[mwCustomEditButtons.length] = {
      "imageFile": "url of the button image",
      "speedTip": "Custom text",
      "tagOpen": "",
      "tagClose": "",
      "sampleText": "{{TemplatePageName}}\n" +
    };

Jim H.