[Mediawiki-l] PHP.INI

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:05:22 UTC 2007

Steve VanSlyck wrote:
> For a Windows server, how does one configure MediaWiki's PHP to use its
> own PHP.INI file instead of the server's? The sources of the question is
> how to allow MediaWiki to send emails from an address other than than
> the server administrator's address configured in its own PHP.INI file?

I'm pretty sure you can set it on mediawiki, have you tried changing
$wgEmergencyContact, $wgPasswordSender, $wgNoReplyAddress ?
Also the way you send the mails can be relevant.
It's not the same calling the mail() function, where php could ignore
the sender you define (can it?) than sending with PEAR ($wgSMTP) where
it doesn't even notice it's smtp.