[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki ease of use

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Wed Nov 14 02:12:49 UTC 2007

I received some feedback this evening from a focus group that has been
evaluating our wiki complete with custom skin.

An overriding comment was that the ability to insert content needed to be
easier. Wiki markup, edit screens etc were turn offs. Our target audience is
over 40 so it is somewhat understandable.

Has anyone come across extensions that fit into this category? Something
that allows someone to more easily enter information, create inter-page
links, format text etc.

I suspect this might result in a few custom extensions but wanted to test
the waters before embarking on a needless journey.

I might be back looking for experienced extension developers that can help
us!!

Many thanks,
Paul