[Mediawiki-l] Ignoring language links.

Mark Clements gmane at kennel17.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 13:27:56 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emufarmers Sangly" <emufarmers at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Ignoring language links.
> On Nov 9, 2007 7:22 AM, Mark Clements <gmane at kennel17.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I've just upgraded from MW 1.5.8 to 1.6.10 (the latest version my ISP
> > can support).
> >
> > In our wiki, we had the interwiki prefix 'bug' which linked to our
> > bug-tracking software.
> >
> > However, in 1.6.10 there is now a language code called 'bug', which
> > means all the bug links appear in the sidebar under the heading "in
> > other languages".
> >
> > How can I disable this feature so that the links to 'bug' appear in the
> > article text, as before?
> >

> It looks like you'll need to fiddle with $wgInterwikiMagic and/or
> $wgHideInterlanguageLinks
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgHideInterlanguageLinks
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_linking#Interlanguage_link.

Setting $wgInterwikiMagic to false solves the problem for me.  Thank you!  I
guess you might also be able to unset the appropriate array element in some
internal variable to disable a specific language if you need to, but we
don't use them for anything so the current solution is fine.

Thanks for the quick reply!

- Mark Clements (HappyDog)