[Mediawiki-l] Giberish - by bots?

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Tue Nov 13 05:00:29 UTC 2007

Why gibberish?

Hm.. gibberish bots are putting unique -- easily findable once indexed by
search engines -- gibberish onto wiki's.

Maybe to phone home that, "Master, I'm alive and ready for work." while
avoiding the security risk of actually phoning home.

Bot masters could then know such and such bot is ready for work or for rental
or sale without ever being contacted directly.

Maybe that is why bots are marking wikis and forums with unique gibberish.

Just an idea based on what I see -- google this:

racrodr

If that was the unique twitter of your own bot spawn, wouldn't you be thrilled
to find it alive and twittering? Your own bot, recorded in Google's index!

Twitter bots.

Roger :-)