[Mediawiki-l] multiline <pre></pre> elements within numbered lists

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Sun Nov 11 14:04:00 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a question regarding creating lists in wikimedia. I wonder if it
is possible to have multiline <pre></pre> elements inside your list,
without messing up the content inside the <pre>-tag or the list's
layout. I would be grateful for any pointers to more information on how
to incorporate multiline <pre>-elements into wikimedia-lists

Any multiline <pre></pre> element will not be rendered very nicely, as
is shown in this example:

# first item
# second item
#: <code><pre>one
multiline comment</pre></code>
# third item

will render as:
1. first item
2. second item
    one
multiline comment
1. third item # list starts anew here.

Is there any way to contain the line-breaks in a <pre></pre> elements,
without messing up the list's layout/numbering?

thanks,
Bram