[Mediawiki-l] mysql5 broke some pages !

Sylvain Machefert iubito at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 08:00:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

my host provider has upgraded from mysql 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge5-log to mysql
5.0.32-Debian_7etch1-log
Since this upgrade, all my pages containing greek, cyrillic and some latin
extended chars are broken, MediaWiki display blank content.
When I edit, I see what horror happened :

if you look at
http://tousauxbalkans.jexiste.fr/index.php5?title=Accueil&action=edit
you'll see some �? instead of such chars (here a č uppercase)
* [[:Catégorie:�?oček|�?oček]]

I tried importing a dump made by mysql4, it doesn't work better.

I tried another host, which has mysql 5.0.27, it's the same horror.

What happened ? I already had problems with such chars in page_title which
is not a blob, but here it's in the content of a page, stored as a BLOB !

I'll ask my host to give me back a mysql4 database, and see if it'll be
better...

--
Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr