[Mediawiki-l] Another UI feature suggestion: JavaScript autosave

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:49:23 UTC 2007

I posted my suggestion about making 'cancel' a button rather than a
link to wikien-l, and other feature suggestions are coming through.
e.g.

On 09/11/2007, Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rather than discussing the visual appearance of the edit form, let's
> talk about practical features, like the one I see here in gmail:
> > Draft autosaved at 11:05 AM (1 minute ago)
> Hehehe, keep dreaming maybe?

Gmail and LiveJournal do this. They do it with JavaScript that
degrades gracefully - if you don't have it the feature isn't there.

What are the devs' views on this sort of JS enhancement to the UI?

- d.