[Mediawiki-l] asserting preferences for users in LdapAuthentication.php

Rich Evans revansx at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 17:36:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

  I'd like to assert preferences on the users, in order to make sure they recieve emails a certain way. Where can I find out how to fully use the "setOption()" function?

  I am already using it to assert the user's skin choice as:

    $user->setOption('skin','monobook');
  $saveSettings = true;

   in the function: "updateUser( &$user )" in my "LdapAuthentication.php" file.

  thanks,
  - Rich