[Mediawiki-l] LDAP configuration

Reizer Gábor reizer.gabor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:33:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

Please help me configure LDAP Authentication extension.

My system:

MediaWiki 1.10
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) - runs on WinXP
PHP/5.2.3
MySQL 5.0.41
Microsoft Active Directory

My LDAP parameters:

ldapUserName=KAR\\_apache
ldapPassword=user123
ldapProviderURL=ldap://aab.kar.local:389/
ldapConnectionFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
ldapSContext=OU=Technical Accounts,DC=kar,DC=local
ldapSFilter=(objectclass=group)
ldapFilterArgs=mail
ldapAttributeIds=mail
ldapDomainName=KAR
useSpecTime=true
ldapDomainSeparator=\\

I did the following modifications:
php.ini:
;extension=php_ldap.dll changed to extension=php_ldap.dll

LocalSettings.php:
require_once 'LdapAuthentication.php';

$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();

$wgLDAPDomainNames = array(
  'KAR'
);

$wgLDAPServerNames = array(
  'KAR' => 'ldap://aab.kar.local:389/',
);

$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array(
  'KAR' => 'KAR\\_apache',
);

$wgLDAPEncryptionType = array(
  'KAR' => 'clear',
);

$wgLDAPUseLocal = false;
$wgMinimalPasswordLength = 1;

Do I have to use the following 2 extra configurations for AD if I want to use
"Syncronizing LDAP groups"?$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array(
  'KAR' => 'cn=Users,dc=kar,dc=local'
);

$wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array(
  'KAR' => =user827'
);

What do I have to change the following configuration if I want to use "Single
Domain Requiring Search Before Binding"?

require_once 'LdapAuthentication.php';
$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();

$wgLDAPDomainNames = array(
 'exampleNonADDomain' ,
);

$wgLDAPServerNames = array(
 'exampleNonADDomain' => 'exampleldapserver.example.com
exampleldapserver2.example.com',
);

$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array(
 'exampleNonADDomain' =>
'uid=USER-NAME,ou=people,dc=exampledomain,dc=example,dc=com',
);

$wgLDAPEncryptionType = array(
 'exampleNonADDomain' => 'ssl',
);